Trusted Hoarding Cleaning in Richardson, TX
Serving the Richardson, TX area since 1978.
ServiceMaster of North Texas is a highly respected and trusted name in the hoarding cleaning and restoration industry because of the compassion we show our clients, and our overall quality of service. Hoarding situations themselves are very tricky because of the psychological difficulties that affected individuals face, as well as the assortment of dangers associated with extreme excesses of clutter.
These reasons are exactly why we have worked so hard to develop effective hoarding cleaning services for those in Richardson, TX.
The Hazards of Hoarding
Compulsive hoarding, or hoarding disorder, is a genuine mental problem that affected individuals struggle with on a daily basis. It incites fear and anxiety in those who are affected when they think about throwing belongings away, regardless of the items in question. This psychological disorder also makes hoarders embarrassed to seek help themselves.
This is why interventions are so common when it comes to hoarding. If you go this route, we encourage you to be understanding of what the affected individual is going through, but also point out the very real dangers that they and their loved ones are in.
Common hazards from hoarding include:
- Intense fires due to an abundance of fuel
- The growth of mold and bacteria
- Property damage because of excessive clutter
- Falling or tipping items
- Fully or partially blocked avenues of escape in the case of emergencies
- Allergen buildups under and within hoarding piles
The ServiceMaster Approach
ServiceMaster of North Texas has adopted the effective hoarding cleaning strategy in use by many of our fellow ServiceMaster branches. It includes 3 steps that can be identified as follows:
- Establishment of Trust: Before we remove any items from the property, we will first work to gain their trust. Our technicians are aware of the psychological burdens that hoarders face, which is why we will take our time. We also have access to therapists and social services if need be.
- Creation and Implementation of a Cleaning Strategy: Once an understanding is established, we will work with the affected individual to determine which items should be kept, thrown away, recycled, or donated. We will then restore and sanitize areas that were damaged by hoarded belongings.
- Follow Ups: While our one-time professional cleanings do wonders in terms of returning homes to safe, livable conditions, we like to help hoarders learn to manage their habits. This is why we create an at-home sanitization plan for them to follow, and then follow up periodically.
Other benefits received from working with us include the following:
- The location of valuable belongings (such as family keepsakes, jewelry, collectibles, photographs, and more)
- Assistance with paperwork from government agencies, trusts, lawyers, etc.
- Technicians and representatives that truly care about your well-being and progress
To make use of our hoarding cleaning services, please feel free to contact our ServiceMaster of North Texas representatives at (972) 840-8888. We proudly service property owners in Richardson, TX.