Professional Hoarding Cleaning Company in Mesquite, TX
Serving the Mesquite, TX area since 1978
Individuals who struggle with hoarding issues commonly need assistance when it comes to addressing their habits. It is important to be compassionate as compulsive hoarding is a legitimate mental disorder that should be handled delicately.
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we help affected individuals and their families better understand these complexities while simultaneously working with them to clean their homes with our hoarding cleaning services in Mesquite, TX.
The Dangers of Hoarding
Individuals affected by a hoarding disorder, or compulsive hoarding, are flooded with feelings of fear and anxiety when they are faced with getting rid of items. This is why many will keep unnecessary things like outdated documents, broken furniture, and even garbage. Likewise, they are commonly too embarrassed to seek help, which is why a respectful, compassionate approach is essential.
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we find the most success when we first point out the various hazards associated with hoarding that affect the hoarder and their loved ones. Among others, they include the following:
- Bacterial and mold growth
- Increased risks of fire
- Tipping or falling hazards
- Blocked avenues of escape when emergencies occur
- The buildup of allergens (such as dust and pollen)
While we recommend recognizing the intense psychological factors affecting these individuals, a certain firmness is sometimes needed to ensure the safety of others. It is undoubtedly a fine line, but the dangers of hoarding can be difficult to see for some until they actually occur. If need be, we can connect affected individuals with therapists or social services in these and similar situations.
Our Approach to Hoarding Cleaning
ServiceMaster of North Texas is a highly trusted name in the hoarding cleaning industry because of our unique approach. As we stated above, we heavily focus on the human factor, as this yields the best results. However, this is simply one part of a much more intricate plan. When you work with us, you can expect the following and more:
- The development of trust through compassion, understanding, and respect
- The identification of valuable belongings (such as jewelry, personal items, and keepsakes)
- Assistance with determining which items to recycle, donate, keep, and throw away (the affected individual will be consulted regularly)
- Help with paperwork from government agencies, trusts, lawyers, etc.
- Removal and proper disposal of biohazards.
- Restoration and sanitization of affected areas once the hoarded items are removed
- The development of a cleaning plan for the affected individual to follow once we leave
- Periodic calls to check in with hoarding individuals
Homes that are affected by hoarders can be extremely dangerous for residents and guests, which is the main reason why we are eager to help. We are proud to look after others in the Mesquite, TX, community.
To take advantage of our hoarding cleaning services, simply contact our representatives at (972) 840-8888. We would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.