Water Damage Restoration in Irving, TX
Serving the Irving, TX area since 1978.
Water Damage Related Info
Water damage remains a major risk for property owners. This is largely because of the ways in which water can cause damage, as well as the variety of events that can result in excess water on your property.
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we provide water damage restoration services to property owners in Irving, TX. We offer 24/7 emergency response capabilities, and the services of some of the best technicians in the industry.
Causes and Results of Water Damage
There are a number of ways water can appear in places that it does not belong. Several of the most common that we see in Irving, TX, include:
- Burst pipes
- Appliance malfunctions
- Sewage backups
- Major storms
When these events occur, your building and its contents are at risk of becoming severely or permanently damaged. This is because water can easily penetrate porous materials to cause discoloration, warping, and similar effects, and then spread to other areas. This is not good news for your floors, walls, furnishings, woodwork, and electronics. Mold is also more likely to appear when excess moisture is present.
Emergency Water Damage Mitigation Services
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we respond rapidly to minimize the extent of the damage, and fully restore your building and belongings. We do this through the following:
- 24-hour emergency response capabilities
- Water extraction and dehumidification
- Controlled demolition and debris removal, when necessary
- Assessment and monitoring of moisture levels
- Recurring inspections and reports
- Coordination with your insurance provider
- Restoration of affected areas and belongings
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Mold removal
- A final inspection
Our ServiceMaster of North Texas technicians are uniquely qualified to provide these water damage restoration services. They are all IICRC-certified and develop restoration plans that adhere to Advance Structural Drying Guidelines.
Additionally, we make use of advanced equipment, such as professional-grade dehumidifiers, air movers, and moisture meters. While we can respond within 2 to 3 hours of your call, it is still important that you contact us as soon as possible. Giving the water more time to soak and spread will only result in additional damage.
Flood Cleanup – What to Do and What Not to Do
When excess water appears on your property, there are certain things that you should do:
- Contact ServiceMaster of North Texas as quickly as you can for immediate water extraction in Irving, TX
- Put foil between furniture legs and the wet floor
- Pick up furniture skirts and drapes from the wet floor
- Put loose items in high and dry areas
- Turn off your electricity if standing water is present
- Search for the source of the water and safely attempt to stop it
- Do not touch flood water (it is potentially contaminated)
- Put affected items in a dry location
- Mop and blot dry with non-dyed towels
There are also a number of things that you should not do:
- Do not contact mold that has grown
- Do not enter heavily damaged rooms or areas that could contain electrical damage
- Do not vacuum standing water
- Do not remove tacked-down carpeting
- Do not use electronics or appliances until they have been inspected
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we do everything we can to provide exceptional customer service in addition to our superior water damage restoration services in Irving, TX. To take advantage of our 24/7 emergency response capabilities, contact our representatives at (972) 840-8888.