Does your family have a home fire drill plan in case of an emergency?
If not, use these fire safety tips and practice with your family occasionally. Being prepared for the unexpected is the best way to stay safe if a fire should strike.
Have an escape route
– Draw out a floorplan.
– If possible, have 2 exits for each room.
Smoke and heat
– Crawl low, beneath the smoke.
– Test doorknobs for heat carefully.
Where to meet
– Choose a neighbor’s lawn as a safe meeting place.
– Have a designated emergency contact.
– Make sure everyone has their number memorized.
For help with Dallas fire damage, call ServiceMaster of North Texas at (972) 840-8888 – 24/7 Response.