Water Damage Restoration Services in Dallas, TX
Water Damage Related Info
Serving the Dallas, TX area since 1978.
If you’re one who has recently suffered water damage in their home, such as a flooded basement after a heavy rainstorm, a sewer backup, a water heater leak, or busted pipe, you are not alone. Water damage is actually the most common disaster in the country due to the numerous potential sources. But this doesn’t mean that the problem should be pushed back to the weekend; you will definitely want to have this cleaned up right away.
As common as they are, ServiceMaster of North Texas treats all water damage cases as emergencies, which is why our technicians are available 24/7 in Dallas, TX to respond immediately for water damage restoration. Using professional water extraction and drying equipment, we will attack the problem head-on, preventing the damage from spreading while working to dry out the entire property.
Problems with Water Damage
Even if the water that has damaged your structure is clean, taking immediate action is still crucial because of the moisture problems. In fact, mold growth has been known to start and spread as early as 24 hours after the damage occurred. This can open you and your family up to a range of health issues, such as coughing, irritated eyes and nose, allergies, and asthma problems.
But if ServiceMaster of North Texas is called before then, we can prevent mold growth by effectively drying and cleaning all affected building materials. If any porous materials have become soiled, such as carpeting, wood flooring, or drywall, they will be removed and replacements will be installed. We will also be monitoring the drying process, using moisture meters to fully assess when all materials are completely dry.
Check out our water damage restoration video!
Our water damage cleanup services include all of the following steps:
- 24/7 Availability
- Emergency Response
- Water Extraction
- Mold Removal
- Controlled Demolition and Removal of Debris
- Content Cleaning and Pack Outs
- Monitoring of Moisture
- Inspections and Reporting
- Odor Removal
- Final Inspection
Water Damage Cleanup Tips
Water Damage Mitigation – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster of North Texas for emergency water damage mitigation services.
- Identify and cut off the source of water if possible.
- Blot dry or mop up as much water as you can. Avoid using colored towels to prevent the dye from contaminating the water.
- Turn off the electricity if standing water is present.
- Hang up any area rugs and clothing to dry.
- If any furniture is present, place a piece of foil between the legs and the floor to prevent water from traveling upwards. Also lift up any skirts and draperies to prevent them from getting wet.
- Try to separate permanently damaged items from those that can be restored.
- If there is a basement flood, try to fix the sump pump or call a plumber.
Flood Cleanup – What NOT to Do:
- Do not enter any room with severe electrical or structural damage.
- Do not vacuum up any water.
- Do not touch or disturb any mold growth.
- Do not touch the water if it contains sewage or biohazards.
Dealing with a water damage can be a huge headache, especially if it smells musty after a few hours. This can really cause worry for the risk of mold growth. ServiceMaster of North Texas understands these concerns, which is why we are available 24/7 in the Dallas, TX area to restore both homes and businesses from water damage.
Give us a call at (972) 840-8888 in the Dallas, TX area for emergency water damage restoration services.