Hoarding Cleaning Services in Carrollton, TX
Serving the Carrollton, TX area since 1978
In Carrollton, TX, there are a number of individuals affected by hoarding tendencies, but not many are aware of the dangers that this puts themselves and their loved ones in on a daily basis. At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we seek to help those who are affected by compulsive hoarding through our hoarding cleaning services. With these services, we can eliminate the harmful consequences of hoarding behaviors and help those affected work to improve their living conditions.
The Effects of Hoarding Tendencies
The reason why individuals begin hoarding items in the first place is because they are victims of a very real psychological ailment called a hoarding disorder. It makes the person in question feel intense anxiety when they need to throw away items. To fix this, it is first important to recognize the legitimate mental factors at play, learn about the dangers of hoarding, and then work to improve over time.
The dangers of hoarding are rather extensive, but there are several main points that should be identified. They include the following:
- Risks of Fire: Hoarded items present a fire hazard, and will increase the intensity of any flames that develop.
- Allergens and Bacterial Growth: Because the areas beneath hoarded items do not get cleaned regularly, if at all, various allergens (such as dirt, dust, and pollen) and bacteria can begin to accumulate. Mold growth is a common consequence, as well. This can result in asthma attacks, respiratory infections, and more.
- Blocked Avenues of Escape: When emergencies do occur, residents of the affected home will have fewer escape routes.
- Tipping Items: Every year, people are significantly harmed by falling items. This occurs due to loose and unstable belongings stacked on top of one another.
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we offer a unique 3-phase approach to hoarding cleaning:
- Phase 1 involves the development of trust because we fully understand how difficult it can be to seek assistance in the first place.
- Phase 2 is when we develop and implement a sanitization plan. We consult with the affected individual every step of the way.
- Phase 3 is essentially the development of a follow up cleaning plan. We will give affected individuals a sanitization schedule, then call periodically to check in on their progress.
The primary difference that you will receive by working with us as opposed to other service providers is the development of trust through compassion and understanding. While our technicians are highly trained in sanitization and cleanup services, they are also taught to take into account the very real psychological aspect of hoarding situations. Afflicted individuals will be highly involved when it comes to determining what to keep, throw away, recycle, and donate.
ServiceMaster of North Texas is proud to assist with hoarding cleanup services in the Carrollton, TX, area. To learn more, or schedule an appointment, simply call our representatives at (972) 840-8888. We are available 24 hours a day, and look forward to working with you soon.