Frozen Pipes Water Damage Restoration in Carrollton, TX
Serving the Carrollton, TX area since 1978
The sight of frozen pipes can put any home or business owner on edge, especially when seeing that it’s about to burst. But if you have seen the kind of damage caused by these situations, you would know that taking immediate action must be taken by a disaster restoration crew.
ServiceMaster of North Texas provides water damage restoration from frozen pipes for both home and business owners in the Carrollton, TX area. Our technicians understand that any water damage from burst pipes will require immediate attention. This is why we are available 24/7 to respond to these emergencies, arriving within a few hours to start removing the excess water.
What to Do When Finding Frozen Pipes
Thankfully, not all pipes frozen burst, but there is a limited time until they do. Until then, don’t hesitate to start thawing it out to prevent water disaster. You can start by turning on the faucet connected to the affected pipe to increase water pressure. In fact, frozen pipes are caused by low pressure as the standing water sits and freezes within the pipe.
After turning on the faucet, inspect all the affected pipes for fissures, bulges, ice, or frost. These areas require the most attention when thawing them out.
How to Thaw Frozen Pipes
Some frozen pipes will be easier to thaw than others, depending on their location on the property. For those that are exposed and not covered by a wall, ensure that there is water running through the supply line. Then place a space heater, heat lamp, or hair dryer next to the affected area. When you see the pipe start to thaw, make your way to the faucet and allow the ice to be pushed out there.
If the pipe is hidden behind the wall, take the following steps:
- Turn up the heat to the inaccessible area.
- Place an infrared lamp next to the wall covering the pipe. This kind of heat will be able to pass through the building materials to warm the pipe on the other side.
- If nothing else works, you may have to remove the drywall or flooring covering the frozen pipe. While it sounds like a big tasks, you would have to replace it anyway when the pipe bursts.
At any point in time the pipe does burst, don’t hesitate to turn off the water and call ServiceMaster of North Texas if you live or work in the Carrollton, TX area for immediate burst pipe water damage restoration. Our technicians will respond right away to start the restoration process.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
While frozen and burst pipes can cause major disasters both inside and out of properties, there are steps that can be taken to reduce their chances of happening. This way, you won’t have to worry about anything but extreme temperatures during the winter months of Texas.
- Cover all pipes with insulation or electrical tape.
- Open the cabinets underneath all sinks to allow warm air to circulate around the pipes.
- Keep a space heater near the pipes during extreme temperatures.
- Turn off the exterior water supply line and drain all sprinklers and hoses.
- Turn on the hot and cold-water valves during extreme temperatures to apply pressure within the pipes.
Again, there is no sure way to prevent frozen and burst pipes, but you shouldn’t have to be too worried after taking the steps mentioned above.
ServiceMaster of North Texas is available 24/7 at (972) 840-8888 to provide water damage cleanup services for all frozen and burst pipe emergencies in the Carrollton, TX area.
Related Frozen Pipe Water Damage Cleanup Services
Review by A.B.
“1. Punctuality 2.Courtesy & Respect 3.Professionalism 4.Thorough”