Water Damage Restoration and Flood Cleanup in Richardson, TX
Just about every home or building in the Richardson, TX area has had some experience with water damage. Heavy rain, floods, plumbing leaks, overflows, and burst pipes can all lead to excess water in your home. Too much water and moisture can penetrate most building materials including flooring, wood, and drywall, making it important to remove the water immediately.
ServiceMaster of North Texas provides water and flood damage restoration services to remove water and moisture from homes and businesses in Richardson, TX. We will work to stop the damage from spreading and remove water and moisture with our advanced drying and extraction equipment.
Our technicians will arrive on the scene within 2-3 hours of your call to contain the damage and begin the restoration. We use advanced water extraction and drying equipment that includes dehumidifiers, air movers, and moisture meters to ensure that we are drying your home according to the Advanced Structural Drying Guidelines. Items that have been heavily affected such as furniture, flooring, and other surfaces can be dried out with our equipment. Our technicians will advise you on what can be salvaged and what must get thrown away.
Water Cleanup Process
Our water damage restoration services begin with an assessment of the damage using moisture meters to discover how deeply the water has been absorbed. We then form a restoration plan according to our findings which includes water extraction, drying, and restoration of the affected areas.
Make sure you call ServiceMaster of North Texas once you discover water damage and take the following actions to start the recovery:
Water Damage Cleanup – What to Do
- Shut off the power to your home if there is significant flooding to eliminate the risk of an electrocution. We can temporarily provide power with our backup generators.
- Look for the source of the water and stop it if you can.
- Avoid any contact with the flood water if you suspect there may be sewage.
- Move damaged items to an unaffected area to figure out what should be disposed of and what can be salvaged.
- Remove excess water only by mopping or blot drying with non-dyed towels.
Flood Extraction – What NOT to Do
- Do not enter any room with severe structural or electrical damage.
- Do not remove anything that is attached to the floor.
- Do not remove any books from their shelves. Pack them tightly instead.
- Do not disturb any visible mold.
It does not take long for water damage to spread which is why you must act immediately. Call ServiceMaster of North Texas once you notice water damage in your home or business building in Richardson, TX.
We are available 24 hours a day at (972) 840-8888 to respond to your water damage emergencies.
“I wanted to take this opportunity to express how pleased I was with your service and your service people. My leaking hot water heater caused a flood in my garage, bedroom and bathroom. The response to my call was quick and your team came prepared to take care of what was needed. They were professional, kind, and very helpful. Each day I would get a call to let me know when they would arrive to check on the moisture level and check their equipment. I appreciated their friendly attitude. Coincidentally, I had a circuit go bad which put several electrical outlets out of service. They tried to help me find the problem before I called an electrician which was very nice of them.
You have a great organization and I truly appreciate the good work and the workers who helped me.”