ServiceMaster of North Texas
Serving the Plano, TX area since 1978
The Plano, TX area is home to many individuals affected by hoarding disorders, and ServiceMaster of North Texas is here to help. We work with afflicted individuals and their family members to better manage the risks of compulsive hoarding, or a hoarding disorder, while we sanitize and restore their property. The primary reason we do this is because of the inherent dangers of hoarding, which few recognize before it is too late.
The Complexities and Dangers of Hoarding
Part of the reason why hoarding disorder is so difficult to manage is because of the intense anxiety felt by the affected individual when they think about throwing something away. In our experience, hoarders want to improve, but do not know how. They are generally too embarrassed to seek help, as well. This is why an understanding of their difficulties is so important. They are not lazy, but rather affected by a very real mental disorder.
Regarding the dangers of hoarding, there are quite a few. These hazards apply to the hoarder, other residents of the home, and even guests. While there are many, the primary risks to be aware of include the following:
- Worsening of Common Disasters: Property damage can occur due to many factors (such as severe storms, flooding, fires, and more), but extreme excesses of clutter make the impact worse. This is because there are more items that will be scattered which will cause additional damage and block escape routes.
- Tipping Hazards: Hoarded items commonly become stacked atop one another. This leads to highly unstable piles of belongings that can fall on top of individuals. It happens every year, and the injuries can be life-threatening.
- Health Risks: Since the areas under and within hoarding piles are scarcely cleaned, various allergens, bacteria, and mold like to make their presence known. This can lead to moderate to severe health consequences, such as asthma attacks, worsening allergies, respiratory infections, and more.
Trusted Hoarding Cleaning Services
ServiceMaster of North Texas is a respected name in the hoarding cleaning industry because of the compassion that we show our clients, as well as the quality of our results. Our technicians are all highly trained and certified to provide industry-best disaster restoration and cleaning services. They also always work with compassion because we truly have your best interest at heart.
Here we have developed the following 3 phase approach to hoarding cleaning:
- Phase 1: Establish trust with individuals affected by hoarding tendencies.
- Phase 2: Work with hoarders to create and implement a cleaning plan. This involves getting rid of items (while consulting afflicted individuals) and restoring damaged areas.
- Phase 3: Give hoarding individuals an at-home cleaning plan to follow. We will then check in periodically on their progress.
If you live in Plano, TX, and would like to take advantage of our hoarding cleaning services, we encourage you to give us a call at (972) 840-8888. Our ServiceMaster of North Texas representatives are available 24/7, and are happy to address any questions or concerns that you have.