Water Damage Restoration in Dallas and Garland, TX
ServiceMaster of North Texas
Located at Garland, TX and Serving Dallas, TX area since 1978
Save $100 On
Despite warm temperatures, water damage is a common problem in Dallas and Garland, TX. There are a number of potential causes, including burst pipes, leaks, appliance malfunctions, sewage backups, floods, rain, and other unique cases. But the problem should never be ignored because it will spread, soaking into flooring, woodwork, walls, and furnishings. Ultimately, the effects can be disastrous, not to mention the inevitable mold growth that will follow if treatment is not made immediately.
ServiceMaster of North Texas provides water damage restoration for homes and businesses in the Dallas and Garland, TX area. Our experts will respond quickly with our specialized drying and extraction equipment to effectively remove excess water from your home or business.
Water Damage Cleanup
ServiceMaster of North Texas considers all water damage situations as emergencies as it spreads throughout porous materials including wood, paint, drywall, and other surfaces with little holes. But we will arrive within 2-3 hours of your initial call to immediately extract the water, assess the damage, and set up the drying equipment.
Each of our Dallas, TX technicians are IICRC-certified and will form a restoration plan that adheres to the Advanced Structural Drying Guidelines. Our advanced equipment includes dehumidifiers, air movers, and moisture meters that help us completely dry structural elements, furnishings, and other objects affected by the water.
When we arrive, we use moisture meters to determine how much water has been absorbed and to complete our evaluation of the damage. This helps us to form the appropriate water damage restoration plan, identifying the areas that require most attention while strategically setting up the drying equipment.
Flood Extraction – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster of North Texas in Dallas, TX to prevent the damage from spreading.
- Place a piece of foil between all furniture legs and wet floor to prevent the water from traveling upwards.
- Lift up any furniture skirts and draperies from the wet floor.
- Place any items that are not tacked down to the floor in a high, safe location.
- If there is standing water in the building, turn off the power to avoid electrocution. Our backup generators will provide temporary electricity.
- Search for the source of the excess water and try to stop it.
- Do not touch any of the flood water if it may be contaminated with sewage.
- Put damaged items in a dry area to determine what can be saved and what has to be replaced.
- Only mop or blot dry with non-dyed towels to remove excess water if it is safe from contaminants.
Water Mitigation – What NOT to Do:
- Do not enter any room with severe structural or electrical damage.
- Do not disturb any mold.
- Do not vacuum up any standing water.
- Do not try to remove any carpeting that is tacked to the floor.
Our company was built on a foundation of honesty, quality, and excellence in service, and we adhere to these standards every day.
If you need water damage restoration services in the Dallas or Garland, TX area, don’t hesitate to call ServiceMaster of North Texas at (972)840-8888.
“The teams were very thorough in their daily checks on everything and explained what was going on each time.”