Water Damage Restoration and Flood Cleanup in Dallas and Garland, TX
ServiceMaster of North Texas
Located at Garland, TX and Serving Dallas, TX area since 1978
Save $100 On
Water damage is a very common problem in Dallas, TX, just like anywhere else, because there are several ways it can happen. Some of the most common causes are internal issues such as burst pipes, leaks, and other plumbing problems and weather conditions such as hard rain and flooding can also result in water damage. No amount of water damage should be ignored because it can soak into flooring, woodwork, walls, and furnishings, causing a significant amount of damage while creating conditions for mold growth.
ServiceMaster of North Texas provides water damage cleanup and restoration for homes and businesses in the Dallas, TX area. Our experts will respond quickly with our specialized drying and extraction equipment to effectively remove excess water from your home or business.
Disastrous Effects of Water Damage
Water damage is an emergency because it can cause immediate and potential future damage to the affected materials in your home. We will send a team of technicians within 2-3 hours of your initial call to immediately contain the water and assess the damage.
Each of our technicians are IICRC-certified and will form a restoration plan that adheres to the Advanced Structural Drying Guidelines. Our advanced equipment includes dehumidifiers, air movers, and moisture meters that help us completely dry structural elements, furnishings, and other objects affected by the water.
We will do what we can to salvage your materials and if something can’t be saved, we will recommend that it gets replaced.
When we arrive, we use moisture meters to determine how much water has been absorbed and get a complete evaluation of the damage. Our evaluation helps us form the appropriate water damage restoration plan to extract all excess water or moisture and thoroughly dry the affected areas and materials.
If you discover water damage in your home or business in the Dallas, TX area, contact ServiceMaster of North Texas and perform these actions:
- Call ServiceMaster of North Texas to prevent the damage from spreading.
- Place a piece of foil between all furniture legs and wet floor to prevent the water from traveling upwards.
- Lift up any furniture skirts and draperies from the wet floor.
- Place any items that are not tacked down to the floor in a high, safe location.
- If there is standing water in the building, turn off the power to avoid electrocution. Our backup generators will provide temporary electricity.
- Search for the source of the excess water and try to stop it.
- Do not touch any of the flood water if it may be contaminated with sewage.
- Put damaged items in a dry area to determine what can be saved and what has to be replaced.
- Only mop or blot dry with non-dyed towels to remove excess water if it is safe from contaminants.
Water Mitigation – What NOT to Do:
- Do not enter any room with severe structural or electrical damage.
- Do not disturb any mold.
- Do not vacuum up any standing water.
- Do not try to remove any carpeting that is tacked to the floor.
If you need water damage restoration and cleanup in Dallas, TX, the right help is at ServiceMaster of North Texas. Our company was built on a foundation of honesty, quality, and excellence in service, and we adhere to those standards every day. Call us at (972) 840-8888 for professional water damage restoration.