Mold Removal in Dallas and Garland, TX
ServiceMaster of North Texas
Serving Dallas, TX area since 1978
Mold can appear in a home or building at any time because it only takes the right conditions for it to form. Mold spores are a natural presence in the air and when they encounter a moist environment with a food source, they form into mold colonies that slowly destroy the affected surfaces. The presence of mold is also a threat to your health as mold exposure can lead to allergies and even infections.
ServiceMaster of North Texas provides mold remediation services in Dallas, TX to remove mold from commercial and residential buildings. We use advanced equipment and methods to ensure that the mold is fully removed and we will protect the unaffected areas as we work.
Damage Caused by Mold
There are plenty of potential food sources for mold in your home, including cellulose which is found in wood and drywall. Once there is extra moisture from humidity or water damage, the risk for mold growth increases significantly. Mold causes discoloration of the surfaces it affects and if given enough time, it will permanently damage these surfaces.
The mold growth will continue to spread to new areas of your home by dispersing its spores and it is exposure to these spores that leads to allergic reactions and respiratory illness. Any amount of mold growth requires immediate attention.
Mold Restoration – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster of North Texas immediately upon noticing the first sign of mold to prevent it from spreading.
- Wipe off any walls containing beads of water.
- Turn on the dehumidifier or A/C unit to remove any moisture and increase air flow.
- Dry off any wet items, as long as they do not contain any mold.
- Inspect the HVAC system of your home.
- Always wear protection around mold, including glasses, face mask, and gloves.
Mold Cleanup – What to Avoid:
- Do not disturb any moldy surfaces.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of mold.
- Do not clean any mold yourself as it will only cause it to spread further by releasing its spores.
- Do not paint or caulk over the mold.
At ServiceMaster of North Texas, we have the proper equipment and cleaning products to remove mold growth and cleanup the resulting damage. Our technicians will isolate the contamination as soon as we arrive and thoroughly test the home or building to find all mold growth. We will then create a mold remediation plan based on our testing results and repair or replace damaged surfaces after removing the mold.
Our mold remediation services consist of these general steps:
- Thorough inspection to find hidden mold growth
- Identification of areas at high risk for future growth
- Isolation of the mold growth
- Creation of a mold removal plan based on our assessment
- Complete mold remediation
- Final inspection to ensure mold does not return in the future.
Do not let mold growth persist in your home or building to cause damage and threaten your health. Make sure you call us immediately if you notice a mold issue in your home or business in the Dallas, TX area. Our technicians will fully assess the situation and form the right remediation plan to make your home mold free. Call us at (972) 840-8888 for professional mold remediation.